Scrappy Creativity

I love that taking the online class "Creative Retreat" at Big Picture Classes has my creativity on fire.  Not only in the scrapbooking department, but over all.  I've worked on a few more backgrounds in my art journal.  I've started what I think will be a great mixed-media piece to share my love of tea.  I sketched a cute, spring/summer scene for a large flowerbox I'm painting to put out this year.

Art Journal Page #6 - Background

And of course I've actually completed a few scrapbook layouts too.  I love that I am telling the stories for photos that have been waiting on me for quite some time.  I may actually make it through the selection of photos I gathered before the class began at the rate I'm going.  How fun, I may have to dig into older photos or even order recent ones.  I also love that I'm using my stash of older product.  This makes me feel wonderful, all the stuff I've bought that's been sitting around is getting used.  I may actually give myself permission to purchase some supplies for fun.  What a change that will be from getting supplies just for classes I'm teaching.  Especially since I am drooling over some of the new releases from Winter CHA.

Sugar & Spice - Layout #2 for Creative Retreat


I also started a mini album that I've been meaning to do for over five years now - my brother's wedding.  I was so worried about "getting it right" that I've held off on creating it.  But not anymore.  I've sorted the photos - which to use on layouts, which to use in the mini album, which to keep in a photo album and even which not to keep.  One of the layouts I've already created is using the "layout photos".

Good Idea - Layout #1 for Creative Retreat
I've also made some progress on my "studio" area.  The kids love having my studio and crafting stuff in the living room - not just because it is easier for them to get into it either.  I work on projects while they are playing with toys, playing on the Wii, doing homework or while watching their video or DVD.  I'm right there and stop what I'm doing to join them or they can come over and "help".  It really is working much better than having everything in the kitchen while they are in the living room.

Studio Area
I'm looking forward to what I'll be working on next.

Comments

Popular Posts