Weekend Crafting

This weekend was just a little busy around here.  Lots of work needed to be done on my car, so DH was tied up with that Saturday morning.  I had fun at the monthly Class/Instructor Open House at JoAnn's.  I had fun painting cards and answering questions about the classes I teach there.  I especially like when children and teenagers ask about what I'm painting.  Love to see their interest and excitement in painting, scrapbooking or any craft/art.  They like to watch, see how something is done, ask questions.  Reminds me to be curious and try new things.

Created a couple more layouts and a few tags inspired by the Creative Retreat class over at Big Picture Classes.  The tags were part of a shimmer/glimmer/sparkle assignment.  Love this technique from Tim Holtz's latest book.

Distress Inks with Perfect Pearls

I used to have a hard time shifting gears from girl pages to boy pages but it is finally easier to do.  May just be that I've got a nice collection of boyish products to select from now or I'm getting the hang of doing boy pages after 4 years.  Here is the latest two page boy layout from this weekend.


That's My Boy Layout

I am enjoying digging through my stash to find product that I forgot I had.  I've been inspired to make page kits as I go through photos and products.  This is always fun, especially mixing and matching a variety of papers and embellishments that I wouldn't have originally thought would go together.  I've even made sketches of possible layouts.  Ready for more creating.

Comments

Popular Posts