1. I have taught a few painting classes in January and so far in February. Always fun. Working on a new class sample plaque using fresh spring colors.
2. We've had plenty of snow days in the last two weeks, like a large portion of the country. The kids love it but are getting a little stir-crazy. We have baked, painted, completed a papermache school project, organized toys and craft supplies, played in the snow and even done extra chores. I guess it has been long enough when the kids are even bored with painting and creating collages with Mommy's supplies.
3. I finished the class sample for an upcoming teen class - Duct Tape Clutch. It did turn out rather cute and was fairly easy to create. DD would like one in hot pink, black and Cheeta print. Sounds like a good project for the next snow day.
|Duct Tape Clutch|
|Duct Tape Clutch Interior|
4. I am almost finished with the class samples for an upcoming "Pop-Up Cards" class. I enjoyed making the cards and the fun pop-up parts. Now all I have to do is finish the sentiments and add some more embellishments. Using some spring-ish papers and really like the colors that are showing up.
5. I'm taking the "Creative Retreat" class at Big Picture Classes site at the moment. May Flaum is the instructor and I love all the prompts, "assignments", ideas, inspiration and interaction. My Inspiration Journal is coming along nicely. The cover is completed, my goals for class are listed (even a bit of embellishing) and my "happy color" page is done. I also created a tag inspired by the assignment one. Turned out well and I got to play with some of my favorite products - Distress Inks and Clear Embossing Powder.
|Inspiration Journal Cover|
|Distress Ink and Clear Embossing Tag|
6. And based on the current other assignments from "Creative Retreat" I am actually working on putting photos to pages. That's right, I'm creating scrapbook layouts. I feel like it has been such a long time since I have done this. I'm glad that the assignments have great ideas and inspiration, which has given me great starting points. I currently have two layouts in progress and five more in the planning stage. FUN!!
7. I purchased a new book this weekend on my short stop at Barnes & Noble's. I am so glad that I just happened to find it since it was not in the correct section of the store. It is "Art at the Speed of Life" by Pam Carriker. Love her work, so inspiring. I knew that the book was coming but didn't realize that it was already out. I dived right in and can't wait to start making some art.
So, that is what I've been up to recently. I have been loving the free-flowing creative energy and all the projects that are coming together at the moment. Now if I could only get the laundry and house cleaning to not interrupt me all the time I'd be set.