Weekend's Here

Had a good day to with the family today.  Spent it wandering around a large "outlet" strip mall.  We checked out some interesting stores and had a great time exploring the Coleman store.  The kids are so excited for camping now and have a list of things we 'need' to add to our camping gear.  We stopped at Sonic for lunch.  It was the first time for the kids and DH, they liked it.  I got to enjoy my favorite beverage - cherry limeade - super delish.  Then we visited "Little Bavaria" and had a great time walking around the town.  Quaint shops, lots of trinkets, ice cream and yummy fudge.

Once we got home we got busy boiling and coloring eggs for tomorrow.  Such a mess but the kids love doing it.  DH likes to make deviled eggs so everyone will be happy.  Tomorrow should be a quiet version of Easter rather than the usual crazy run-around town to see everyone deal.  Church, brunch at home, walk in the park and our first cook out in the evening.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Coloring Eggs
I finished a new mixed-media piece this morning too.  Canvas board, acrylic paints and paper.  I wanted to do something with trees that had dimension.  I punched out scalloped circles from scrap papers, glued them together then onto my painted background.  I also have scrap paper for the ground and the clouds.  To finish it off I added a nature quote I like - "There is always Music amongst the trees in the Garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it.  ~Minnie Aumonier

Garden Trees

Comments

Popular Posts