Finding Inspiration

There is a new addiction/obsession on my computer for finding inspiration - Pinterest.  Tons of eye candy, lovely color combos, tempting recipes to try, crafts to dabble in and so much more.  I can get lost looking at my "feed" or checking out "pins" of friends for hours.  It is a wonderful way to gather recipes I would like to try, rather than a ton of magazine pages piling up in a basket on my kitchen countertop.  Also so many crafty/artsy ideas I want to try are all gathered in one spot.  I have to set the timer to limit my time or I'd be in front of my computer all day.

I spent some time yesterday morning browsing through a stack of magazines at Barnes & Noble while sipping a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  All kinds of yum!  New "Where Women Create", "Somerset Studio" and "Cloth Paper Scissors" eye candy to gaze at and spicy, creamy goodness to drink.  I am so ready to get creating and have so many ideas I want to try.  I'm so inspired I don't know where to start.  Since I can't make a decision I'll probably try some ideas in my art journal first.  It'll be creative, messy, and fun no matter what.

I've finished my altered tea box for Patti and will be mailing it out tomorrow.  I enjoyed this little altering project and will have to do another.  My little stash of tea boxes will make cute packages for gift giving this year.  Matching the packages to each person and finding or creating sweet little things to put inside will be an adventure in creativity.

Comments

  1. So looking forward to my surprise package! I'm glad to know I'm not the only Pinterest junkie around. I got my sister-in-law started today and described it to her as being just like tearing pages you like out of magazines and putting them in folders... minus all that paper and file drawer space!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to my surprise package too. Can't wait till you get the one from me too. :) Pinterest is so addictive. I could spend hours but have already learned to put the timer on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts