Still Baking

One nice thing about it being cooler outside at the moment is that I am still baking without worrying about how hot the house will get.  I made homemade Chicken Potpie for dinner and it was lovely.  Used my great-grandmother's pie crust recipe and my grandmother's creamy chicken filling recipe.  It is a good thing that I put DH's share away for his lunch tomorrow right away, otherwise he might not have gotten even a taste of it.  Amazing how encasing anything in pie crust then adding just a little bit of half & half and a splash of cooking sherry can change peas, carrots and celery from "yucky veggies" to "yum, more please" with the kids.  I'm glad that they enjoyed it and I'll have to remember to make another one when I have leftover chicken.

Homemade Chicken Potpie
Spring Break got off to a slow start today.  We all slept in and then lazed about most of the morning.  DD learned how to make scrambled eggs for breakfast, and did very well with hardly any mess at all.  She even helped me bake Rumpledoodles and helped roll out the pie crust for the pot pie.  She'll be a pretty good cook before too long.  Both kids love helping in the kitchen, now if only they liked to help clean up.

My Silly and Sweet kids.
I have a painting class to teach tomorrow and a few other projects I'd like to work on also.  The kids are hoping that it will be nicer outside because they are anxious to get on their bikes.  It is supposed to be sunny but cold out so we'll see how it all goes.  Maybe we'll sew up a few aprons and bake some brownies.

Sunny Icicles

Comments

Popular Posts