Spring Is In The Air

and the snow is melting.  We have mud puddles everywhere at the moment and I think half of my yard has been tracked into the house.  Yikes.  While I'm excited that the weather is getting a bit warmer and the kids can use up some of their excess energy playing outside, I'm not too thrilled that I've got to scrub the floors a few times each day.  But this stage will only last for a few more weeks (ok, months, but humor me).

I am still working on more scrapbook layouts.  I'm on a roll and it feels pretty good.  There are so many stories I want to share.  Can't believe how much I've missed doing layouts for myself.  I've done so many layouts, cards, mini albums and other projects as class samples or for someone else that it felt a bit weird just creating for myself.  I'm over that phase and totally enjoying making layouts just because I have something to share, a story to tell.  Fun, fun, fun.  I've gone through this process a few times and seem to let the "work" of creating get in the way of just having fun. 



Part of why I got back into scrapbooking is the great classes I've been participating in at Big Picture Classes.  They have certainly brought back my creative spark and got me going again.  I'm working on the journaling portion of Stacy Julian's i.Scrap class at the moment.  The album we made is turning out to be an awesome capsule of my life in 2010.  Working on my i.statements has really given me some great insight on where I was and where I want to head towards.



I've been working in my art journal lately too.  Delving into "Art at the Speed of Life" by Pam Carriker.  Great art, ideas, prompts, techniques and so much more.  So much I want try.  So many ideas floating in my head.  My 'inspiration' journal needs to get larger just to track everything.

Comments

Popular Posts