Art Every Day

I am so glad that we moved my "studio" into a corner in the living room from the kitchen.  I not only have a cleared table to eat at but I actually get the chance to be creative every day.  Having most of my supplies and inspiration at my finger tips makes the creative process so much easier.  I also love being right in the midst of all the family/kid activity.  I'm out of the way enough so they don't knock anything over or make messes but I can hear, see and be a part of what the kids are doing.  Now I just need to get some containers, racks, and hooks for items that I'd like to organize better.

DS playing Super Hero while I work on a layout.


I tried something different in my art journal the other day.  This was the first time I wrote the journaling on the page first and then painted over it.  The journaling is something I don't really want everyone to read but I wanted to write it down and make it part of my art journal.  So this technique worked out well.  I painted my favorite fabric paints over the journaling then wiped a few spots off with baby wipes.  After that was mostly dry I went over it with my "happy" color acrylic paint (green tea), again wiping areas with baby wipes.  The next day I added paper using gel medium and then more paint.  The latest step has been sketching the portrait and flowers I'll be painting next.

Sketched Flowers on art journal page.

I love getting new paper crafting products delivered right to my door.  This is fantastic and it will be happening monthly!  The March kit from Jenni Bowlin(JBS Mercantile) has some yummy papers that are going to work with photos I have been waiting to scrap.  The embellishments are darling and I can't wait to dress-up a mini album I have in the works with some of them.  And I'm still having fun creating with February's kit too.

Boy Wrap layout - March 2011 Jenni Bowlin Paper Crafting kit
1st Day of Preschool - February 2011 Jenni Bowlin Paper Crafting kit

1st Apartment layout - February 2011 Jenni Bowlin Paper Crafting kit

 I am also using a few layouts I created for some Silhouette classes I taught about three years ago.  It doesn't seem like it has been that long but it has.  Anyway, I created very basic layouts without photos to show some fun things you could do with the Silhouette and just found them stashed away.  I had a wonderful photo of my DD playing in the late afternoon summer sun and one of the layouts was perfect for it.

Summer Fun layout - title/topper, flourishes, and flower with bee all cut using Silhouette
 The weather was so gorgeous out today that the kids and I just had to get outside.  The kids played in our mushy, still thawing, mostly muddy yard while I grabbed a trash bag and started picking up the debris that winter left strewn about.  I am anxious to have consistently nice weather so I can start my garden this year.  I've got big plans including a vegetable patch, a flower & herb patch and even a small water feature.  That is if I can convince DH to help me get it started - need some raised beds and help with the water pump.  I think we will all enjoy spending time playing in the dirt and then harvesting but I'm pretty sure that I'll be the one doing the weeding and watering all summer.

Comments

Popular Posts