On the Menu - Baking

Now that our hot and busy weekend is over I spent much of today baking and cooking.  I love baking - cakes, crisps, brownies, all kinds of yummies.  The simple pleasure of measuring, mixing and putting something in the oven is a real treasure for me.  I made a batch of fudge brownies for DD's brownie pot luck, also the kids favorite treat.  I also made extra so we could enjoy them with the fresh strawberries and homemade chocolate syrup.  Yum!

Brownies with Strawberries


I love to use my crockpot, especially when the weather gets warmer.  I made some crockpot pork chops for DH's lunch with leftovers for tomorrow's dinner.  They are delicious, especially with quinoa and a salad.  We are all ready for dinner tomorrow.

Crockpot Pork Chops




Today was my first attempt at Rhubarb Jam.  It actually turned out pretty tasty.  It took longer than I expected for the rhubarb to simmer down to mush but it did turn a lovely ruby red.  I couldn't find any of my diamond "quilted" jelly jars so I had to use a plastic freezer container.  I need to find those jelly jars since I still have at least three more batches of jam/jelly to make.  It is lovely on scones, English muffins and toast.  We're going to try it on ice cream for dessert tomorrow.  Should be delish.

Rhubarb Jam

Comments

Popular Posts