I Love Fall.

The weather has turned cooler, the leaves are changing and I am loving autumn.  The smells, sounds, sights, textures and tastes of fall are some of my favorite things.  Walking in the nature reserve most mornings has given me a better view of how quickly fall hits around here.  In only two days the woods went from lush undergrowth and green leaves with just touches of autumn creeping in to vibrant jewel toned leaves on the trees, rusty rustling ferns, trails strewn with acorns and plenty of scurrying critters to watch.  My favorite cozy sweaters are out of summer storage and ready for wearing.  The scents of baking waft through the house as the family enjoys apple crisp, pumpkin scones, freshly baked bread and homemade chicken noodle soup.  Yep, I LOVE fall.

Pumpkin Crumb Cake for brunch.


So I've lost 10+ pounds at this point and am feeling pretty good.  Eating good food, trying out new recipes and getting in an hour worth of walking almost every day is paying off.  I need to keep it up and stay positive.  I'm already having issues with clothes not fitting, which feels fantastic.

I haven't been creating much at the moment even though I've been feeling really inspired.  There are tons of ideas floating in my head and written down in my "project" notebook that I could be working on.  For some reason I feel like I'm not at home much which isn't really true.  I guess the days go by quicker when the kids are at school and I do spend more time in transit running for kids functions right now.  Seems like I've got to schedule my days a little better so I set aside time to actually work on some projects rather than just think about them.

Comments

Popular Posts