Pumpkin Baking and Trips

I've been spending much of my spare time baking lately.  Treats, cookies, pies, rolls, muffins and other goodies.  Since pumpkin is in season we have more than enough on hand to keep the entire family in baked goods, especially their favorite Pumpkin Crumb Cake.  I've even made a double batch of Pumpkin Bread using some mini-bundt pans, yummy stuff.


The leaves are brilliant right now.  We took an all day color trip to enjoy the weather and sights.  The traditional stop at the cheese store for "Squeaky Cheese" and crackers to munch on during the drive was even better with yummy samples of cheese and cider.  We stopped to watch some fishing and saw a huge salmon hauled in, the kids first sight of one.  Everyone trekked down and back up the many steps of Iargo Springs and Lumberman's Monument.  My legs ached the next day.  But the views were worth every step.


I took a ton of photos for inspiration.  So many shapes, colors and such that have loads of ideas brewing in my mind.  I have plans for a fall bunting to hang on my bookshelves, some pretty twig and leaves decor for the kitchen table and even a cute scarf for DD to wear with her jean jacket.  Now if I only had a few more hours to tackle it all.

Comments

Popular Posts