On the Menu - Cookies

I don't usually do much baking during the hot, humid summer weather but the kids have been asking for cookies so I made the attempt.  Since it was so hot in the house I tried making something that I wouldn't have to bake - Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bakes, yummy version from my mother-in-law.  The No-Bakes tasted fabulous but wouldn't hold together, first time for that.  We had to put them on plates and eat them with forks, messy but good.  I also made Oatmeal Scotchies late at night once the temps went down.  One of my all time favorites and perfect with tea, hot or iced.

Delish Oatmeal Scotchies

Since it is so warm we've been doing plenty of grilling on the patio.  A favorite new recipe is for Chipolte Rhubarb BBQ Chicken.  I adapted a friend's Raspberry Chipolte BBQ Sauce recipe by replacing my rhubarb jam for the raspberry jelly that was called for.  The kids and DH  thought it turned out amazing, touch of heat with plenty of sweet and a tangy hint.  So yummy.  Wish I would have gotten photos, next time I'll get photos and write down the recipe.  I've got some tasty new dinners planned to try out yet for this week - Dijon Poppy Seed Grilled Chicken, Black Bean Turkey Burgers, and Crockpot Onion-Mushroom Meatballs.  I'm not sure how the kids will like it or not but it's time to try some new recipes.

I recently picked up some cute vintage hand-embroidered linen pieces.  I'm not sure what I'll do with them but they were too darling to pass them up.  One is the size of a tea towel and the other is smaller than a napkin.  I've got a lovely tablecloth that my grandmother embroidered long ago, for her hope chest.  I'll probably use everything for a tea party at some point this summer on the patio.

Comments

Popular Posts