Art Journal and Tea Box Swap

I have been working on some pages in my art journal lately.  It has been a great way to keep my creativity flowing and charged up.  If I do something everyday, even if it is something tiny, my creative wheels keep turning and my mind has more ideas than I can deal with.  The pages I worked on today are some of my favorites.  I've always liked those faceless girls that wear pretty paper dresses so I had to make myself one.  I love vintage 40's/50's clothes so the dress is inspired from that.  It also reminds me of my mother and grandmother that seemed to manage time better than I do.




I mentioned the Altered Tea Box Swap over at Mixed Media Art in a previous post and I'm excited to say that I received my box from Patti.  It is lovely and filled with all kinds of treasures.  Here are a few photos of the box and goodies I received.








The little fairy doll is now officially an "Art Fairy" and will have a spot on my art desk.  Well, as soon as I get my desk a bit more cleaned off.  This was a fun challenge/swap to participate in for me.  It was small enough to fit into my schedule, interesting to alter something that I usually take for granted on my kitchen counter and exciting to fill with little items that I made or that can be used to make something.  Here are a few photos of the finished tea box I altered.




I'll be making a few more of these to use as "gift" boxes.  How cute to decorate the box for a little girl and fill with pretty trinkets, barrettes, and other goodies.  Or decorate for a little boy and fill with a Hot Wheel car and other goodies.  I love filling cute, little containers for the kids with things they have to explore a bit to find it all.



Comments

Popular Posts