Inspiration Found

Found the latest edition of the "just" magazines - Just Steampunk - and it is filled with fun, unique stuff.  It has my mind racing about with ideas.  I have a little experience with polymer clay but now I've got an urge to have a play date with it.  I'm also thinking of doing a little more sewing inspired by some steampunk art dolls.  I've got a sewn doll my mom made years (and years) ago that needs an updated wardrobe, what better than some steampunk attire.

I've been spending plenty of time walking out in the woods since September (at least 3 times per week) and have been mesmerized watching the changes that take place in the scenery.  The gradual transition from summer's lushness to fall's brilliance to winter's sparkle has been so inspiring.  The change of leaves, plants, birds, and critters makes the area endlessly interesting.  I've been collecting bits and pieces of this and that to create a shadow box that has been playing out in my mind for quite a while now.  I'm planning on starting that project next week.

Pinterest is still a huge draw for inspiration for me.  There are so many fabulous color inspirations at the moment. My "board" for colors is overflowing with combinations from juicy fruity-ness to dusky darkness. I might just make myself a color combo board to put on the wall of my art area.

Comments

Popular Posts