The "Family" Home

I always comment that the good part of owning the house my father-in-law built and DH grew up in is we know all the stuff that needs to be done but the bad part of it is knowing all the stuff that needs to be done.  There are just so many projects that we "have" or "need" to do that the minor and cosmetic things take a backseat.  Maybe that is why I hesitate and let it get unorganized until I scramble through it all to make some sort of order.

I am a rather organized person, or at least I was when I was working full time.  At the moment I am not organized and neither is my house, but I'm working on it.  I have been making some progress on getting myself, my home and our life in general a little more organized.  One thing I have realized while cleaning, sorting, purging and organizing is that I like being a creative stay-at-home-mom who teaches here and there.  I love caring, nurturing and raising my children.  I enjoy baking, cooking and making our house a haven for our family.  I love having a tiny space to create in that is near my kids.  I enjoy having a few hours out of the house while I teach others about painting, paper crafting and scrapbooking.

It is not an easy task to balance it all, even when I'm not working full time outside of the home.  I am learning that I do need "me" time, just to relax and recharge.  I haven't been taking care of myself like I should which has made it harder to take care of my family.  It is amazing what just a few moments each day can do to recharge my batteries.  I have more energy, patience and inspiration after reading or just watching the light touch the morning sky in my quiet spot early in the morning before anyone is awake.  A cup of tea and some fresh cut flowers help too.

Comments

Popular Posts