Doodles and other Artsy Stuff

I have been playing with paints, paper and other goodies lately.  I have been inspired by the amazing talent in magazine's like "Somerset Studio" and "Cloth Paper Scissor".  The articles, projects and artists showcased just make me want to dig in and make "art".  I have even been dabbling with my doodled faces because of a fun challenge on the "Cloth Paper Scissor" message board.

I have been making scrapbook layouts and mini albums for years and have been teaching painting for the last year or so and it seemed only natural to start combining my paper and my paint addictions.

I created a cute winter themed mixed-media 5x7 canvas to see how it would work.  I used paper, paint, matte gel medium, ink, stamps, plastic snowflake charms, Glimmer Mist and glitter.  And here is what I managed to create.


The poem is:
Rose infused leaden clouds
Metallic tinge in the air
Crystal flakes shushing down
Winter has come to town.

I found that I like combining some of my favorite things - paper crafting, painting, stamping and poetry writing.  I also made another piece, which I'll share some other time.

Comments

Popular Posts