Mending, Baking and Recovering

I have the big, heavy, old sewing machine sitting on my kitchen table since I've been putting on Girl Scout patches lately.  This means that I am expected to do "the mending" that has been piling up.  I'm not sure that everyone in the family understands what "mending" is.  Some of the items in my basket will end up as rags because there isn't enough fabric to hold it together.  And I need to get some more knee patches, who knew that DS would put holes in almost every pair of pants he owns.  I might even try my hand at a few 18" doll clothes while the machine is sitting there.

I'm out of pumpkin puree at the moment so baking is back to more standard fare.  Apple crisp, brownies, and cookies.  I need to get more pumpkins so that I can make puree for Pumpkin Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Cheesecake and a few new recipes I've run across while blog hopping or on Pinterest.  The kids are looking forward to "Monster Cookies" made extra large with all the goodies in them.  I'm baking Rumple Doodles today, one of hubby's favorites.  Great with a large cup of tea too.

Rumple Doodles with Tea


The kids, hubby and I are finally recovering from the latest round of yuck going around.  About four days of fever, vomiting, diarehha and general blah feeling for each of us.  Basically a week for all of us to get thru it.  Took my first walk after a week and it felt so good.  Love walking along the nature trail, enjoying all the smells, sights and sounds of the great outdoors.  I'm going for the 2.8 mile walk trail today.  Plus some local shopping for "Shop Local Saturday".  Fun stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts